The initial sign-up process includes three quick and easy steps:
The first step is to create a DBDescriptions™ account. This only takes a few moments and allows you to indicate the login and password you want to use when accessing the DBDescriptions™ website, along with a few other basic pieces of information. Detailed information for each field is given below.
Email Please enter your work email address. It will be used for your login to this site, used for correspondence directly related to confirmation, reminders that you request, etc. Your email address will only be used for correspondence directly related to DBDescriptions™. We will not share this information with anyone for any other purpose.
First Name Enter your first name exactly as you would like for it to appear, including any capitalization, punctuation, etc.
Last Name Enter your last name exactly as you would like for it to appear, including any capitalization, punctuation, etc.
Password Enter a password with a minimum of 6 characters in length. Remember that mixing alphabetic characters, numbers and/or punctuation characters results in more secure passwords. The password strength indicator that appears immediately below the password field helps indicate the relative strength of the password you entered. If you ever forget your password, it can be emailed to you using email address you entered above.
Confirm Password Reenter your password to confirm that no typing errors were made when you initially entered it.
Permanent Email Enter a permanent email address (e.g. HRManager@YourCompany.com) that will not change in the future, just in case the email address that you entered above cannot be accessed. This permanent email address will only be used for correspondence directly related to DBDescriptions™ and we will not share this information with anyone for any other purpose.
Organization Enter your organization's name exactly as you would like for it to appear, including any capitalization, punctuation, etc.
Referral Source How did you hear about us? This is an optional field, but please let us know who or what brought you here to DBDescriptions™.
Note: Maintaining the privacy of the information you provide is a high priority for us. Please click here to view our privacy statement.
The master list of job titles, which includes pre-populated job descriptions can be found on the left side of this screen. This is where you will browse for titles that most closely fit your needs and then add them to your personal library.
There are 1,100 pre-populated job descriptions in the master list for you to choose from. Here are some hints to make finding the titles you want a quick and easy process:
- Clicking a column heading sorts the list based on the data in that particular column, such as sorting by job title or classification.
- Clicking the same column heading subsequent time(s) toggles between sorting in ascending and descending order.
- You will view available job titles in groups of titles that can fit on your screen. Click the arrow buttons at the bottom of the master list to move forward and backward through additional groups of available titles.
- Enter a keyword (or words) in the Search box below the master list to filter the number of titles displayed. For example, if you enter the word "transport", you will be presented with a subset of the master list that has "transport" as part of the job title, as well as jobs that have "transport" as part of the classification, etc.
- Search for a keyword by typing the desired keyword and then pressing the Enter key on your keyboard, or by clicking the magnifying glass icon next to the search box.
- Remove a keyword filter by clicking the X button next to the Search field, or by backspacing over the characters you typed and pressing the Enter key on your keyboard.
Advanced users: For even more flexibility, you can indicate which column(s) you want to search by clicking the small down arrow next to the Search box and placing a check next to the desired column(s).
Previewing Job Summaries
Simply hover your mouse over any title in the master list to view a general summary for that job. This is helpful when trying to decide which of two or more similar job titles is the most appropriate for you. For example, if you are trying to decide between Benefits Service Representative and Benefits Technician, a quick look at the job summary will help you decide which is the better choice.
Adding Titles to Your Personal Library
Once you have found a job title you want, click the arrow corresponding with that title to move the title and its pre-populated job description into your personal library.
Removing Titles from Your Personal Library
It's easy to remove titles from your personal library. If you accidentally added a title twice, or if you selected a title but then found a more appropriate one, simply click the arrow corresponding to the job title you want to remove from your personal library.
Once you have selected the job titles you want, click the "Add to My Library" button to start the payment process for the selections you have made.
For the utmost in security and financial protection, we use Authorize.net, a leader in online secure payment processing. Once your payment has been successfully processed, you will be presented with your personal library of job titles.
Note: Maintaining the privacy of the information you provide is a top priority for us. Please click here to view our privacy statement.